I want to go, I want to go, I want to go there too.

20110507

New Dress.

I bought this today...

Me: Want to see my new dress?
Ty: You bought another dress?
Me: Uhmm... No?
Ty: Yea let me see it.
**Pause... that look**
Me: It was half off.
Ty: You have a problem.
Me: I don't have a problem, it's summer!

Ok. I might have a slight problem. I am currently walking around my apartment in a 1950's summer dress, drinking wine, listening to a song that sounds like doo-wop covered in cobwebs and it's not even 5 o' clock. Fuck it. It's thunder-storming, what the hell else am I supposed to do? And after the week I had, I deserve this. I understand that my boyfriend has a lot on his plate as well, but between school and working at a liquor store, my work week trumps anything he went through. I deal with death ok? And after watching and listening to people cry over their beloved pets all I wanted to do was treat myself and my treat to myself is a beautiful dress that I will enjoy wearing multiple times this summer. And let's face it, I look fucking fantastic in it. So why the hell not go ahead and buy it? I mean, I may be having a hard time breathing while I sit, but if there is one reason that I took 16 years of ballet, it was to learn how to breathe very little and maintain perfect posture:)

We all have our vices and if this is to be the summer when I replace smoking with buying vintage dresses, so god damn fucking be it.

5 comments:

  1. Doo wop in cobwebs... i like that. dress looks marvelous! hopefully you're chewing bubble gum and sitting next to tyler (whos wearing a studly leather jacket and gelled up hair) in his cherry gloss red convertible blaring the devil's music

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. Not quite. I don't think Ty gets a thrill out of such things, but I am sure he will like me in the dress when he sees me in it. I hope you know what song I was talking about, a.k.a the soundtrack to eternity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew because its such a perfect description of that song. Now I want to listen to it even more!

    ReplyDelete