I want to go, I want to go, I want to go there too.

20101013

And the nautical, like all things, fades.



My grandfather died this past Monday.
They called his family, my father and his siblings, to the hospital the previous Thursday night for everyone to say their goodbyes. He held on for the weekend, saying his prayers and listening to the conversations of his oldest and youngest sons as they kept vigil at his side.

I'm not going to get overly sentimental and feel bad for me here. I won't lie and say that I was so very close to him, that he didn't have his downfalls. But he was human, he was family. He was my family and I loved him.

I just want to, instead, dedicate this post to life.
To the people we share it with, hold dear to us, and those who we love.
To living and the good memories that life brings.
To happiness and peace.
And to being reunited in the end with the ones in our lives who we have missed.

Francis "Pinky" Nalepa, you are loved and will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment